Friday, December 26, 2008

DeAndre Jordan; Clippers Rookie Fatass

The 6'11" 250 lbs Clipper Rookie DeAndre Jordan has a bit of a problem with the team's strength and conditioning coach (props to TrueHoop):

"Rich Williams, our strength and conditioning coach, always gets so mad at me when he knows that I'm eating sweets. Let me tell you something about Rich. Okay look, I'm not the biggest guy in the world at all, but Rich seems to think that I'm going to be overweight when I finish playing basketball. If I'm drinking a Gatorade, he'll take the Gatorade out of my hands and give me water. If we get Krispy Kreme donuts in the morning, he'll take the donut out of my hand and give me a protein bar. Before games, I'll get a little thing of popcorn and hide so I can eat it in peace. Then he'll come out of nowhere, take the popcorn and give me a plate of fruit. He always tells me, "DeAndre, you're going to be 400 pounds when you're finished playing if you eat like this." No way! It's not in my DNA. I don't like Rich."



The Clippers are 8-20 so far this season with top tier players like Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby and Zach Randolph. Al Thornton and Eric Gordon are promising young players. Though Mike Dunleavy Sr. is a pretty shitty coach and GM, this squad should be better than they are. Maybe, just maybe the Gatorade and Krispy Kreme donuts BEFORE practice could be the problem. Hummm.........

No comments: