Friday, July 30, 2010

Derrick Rose Needs To Work on Fatherly Advice

Chris Hine of the Chicago Tribune: "One day, when Derrick Rose's children play sports and possibly win a championship, he wants to be able to go home, point at his wall and say, 'Yeah, but do you have this?' That thing would be a gold medal. 'I really want it,' Rose said. 'That's something I can brag about to my kids if they play sports. Like if they win a championship, it doesn't matter, I won a gold medal. Until you win one of them, that's when you can come talk to me.' Rose, who had his second annual basketball camp in Deerfield on Thursday, said it's an honor to be one of 15 finalists vying for a spot on the Team USA roster that will compete in the FIBA World Championships next month. And he hopes to be with the team for the 2012 Olympics in London -- no matter what he has to do to get there. 'I told them, some way, somehow, let me get on the team,' Rose said. "I'll be the towel boy, whatever-boy, doesn't matter. Just let me be on it."

D-Rose is going to tell his kids that any championships they win won't matter because Daddy won a World Championship? Or that his kids can't even talk to him until then win a gold medal? What a dick!

No comments: