Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Michael Beasley - A Phoenix Sun

$50 says Beaz sparks owls on gameday
From Marc Spears of Yahoo!! Sports:

      "I know the public sees me as a monster," Beasley told Yahoo! Sports. "That is what the media paints me as. But I'm me, a monster to some, a nice guy to some, a great father to four, a son, a brother just like everybody. What the media thinks or perceives me as, is not my concern. I'm just doing what I got to do to, first, help the team, second, help myself.
      "Five years in, I'm nowhere near where I thought or wanted myself to be. I don't have anyone to blame that on but myself. All I can do is look forward. On the court, off the court, I'm in a better space, better state of mind – the right track so to speak."
      The Phoenix Suns can only hope. They signed Beasley to a three-year, $18 million contract in the summer, banking on the belief he's matured enough to provide a good return on their investment. Beasley has made headlines in his first four NBA seasons, but most often for his behavior away from the court.
      Beasley was fined $50,000 by the NBA for being in a room where marijuana was found during the league's rookie symposium. Less than a year later, he entered a substance-abuse treatment center. The Miami Heat opted to trade him to the Minnesota Timberwolves after his second season to clear salary-cap room to help sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh. 

I've had my eye on Beasley this pre-season. He's new to the revamped Phoenix Suns with a nice, phat contract (bye-bye Nash) as the organization is trying to pair him with Goran Dragic, Marcin Gortat and to a lesser extent Luis Scola. Beaz shot the lights out in his last pre-season game going for 29 points and 10 rodmans. But can you trust him alongside the foreigners?

Beasley was the 2008 #2 draft pick behind Derrick Rose but in front of guys like (UCLA Bruins) Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love. He has 3 mary jane situations and attended rehab in Houston after getting caught at the frigging Rookie Transition Program smoking splifs in the hotel room with Mario Chalmers and Darrel Arthur.  More importantly, Beaz has 4 kids.  4 KIDS!  Wikipedia only shows him with two kids: "He has a daughter Mikaiya, born in May 2009 and a son Michael III, born in November 2010."  Where are the other two kids? Doesn't Wikipedia know everything?  For your information, my quick math shows that Beaz is 23 years old.

No comments: