Monday, June 25, 2012

LBJ & The Great Con of Sports

"There's never been any question that LeBron James is a great basketball player. And even when he was coming up short in the playoffs, haters like myself just used those failures as an easy excuse to pile on him further, because he's a dipshit and he deserved it. The fact that he's won a championship doesn't fundamentally alter his character in any way. That's the great con of sports: the idea that winners win because they have character and losers lose because they don't. If you think LeBron is a good guy now because he won a title, then you probably had no business thinking he was a bad guy to begin with, because the outcome of a sporting event says nothing about the person within."

Thanks to Deadspin.com for the quote

Regardless, I need to get me a t-shirt with my face on it just like LeBron. I don't know if that would make me an a-hole or awesome. Probably both.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last year was for hating, this year is for appreciating!